“I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
WAETAG (Washington Association of Educators of the Talented and Gifted) Conference. Tacoma Washington.” Demystifying the 2e child-perspectives of educators, family and community.” October 29, 2016
Lake Washington School District GEAC – Perfectionism and the Gifted Child – December 7, 2016
A free informational night and initial meeting for the Winter SENG (Social and Emotional Needs of the Gifted) Parent Support Group will be held at the Bellevue Lake Hills Library Community Room November 14, 6-7 PM. The Library is located at 15590 Lake Hills Boulevard, just south of Crossroads Mall. The class text (“Parenting your Gifted Child” by Dr. James Webb) will be for sale that evening. Handouts and relevant articles will be given to those attending. Course objectives as well as class dates and times will be covered. Additional class sessions will be November 21, 28, December 5 and 12.
Cost: $90 per person / $100 per couple for the entire course. Please RSVP for the initial session and/or the entire course to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Book is included in tuition cost and is available from instructor before class or at the information night and first class. Research articles will also be made available on topics to include Twice Exceptional, Perfectionism and Executive Functioning. Advance reading between class sessions is very highly recommended to enhance discussion and maximize participation with other parents of gifted children.
Feedback from Former Participants:
- “I would strongly recommend this class; the group support is very good!”
- “I would recommend this experience to any parent who expressed frustration with their child and didn’t know why.”
- “Great to meet other parents who have children with similar interests and needs as yours.”
- “The myths were very eye-opening, I wish more people were aware of the reality for gifted kids.”
- “I would strongly recommend even for those not in the gifted school program.”